5 Important Points in Dior Authentication
Are you planning to buy your first Dior handbag?
If your answer is yes, then you need to read through this complete Dior Authentication Guide.
Dior is one of the most counterfeited products on the market.
This is due to how iconic it is as a brand.
How do you know that your Dior bag is authentic?
Here are a few important points to remember in buying a Dior Bag.
1. Leather Label and Heat Stamp
Look for a leather tag inside the bag that contains a heat stamp. Turn this over and you should find a serial number. Furthermore, the leather tag should have rounded corners.
Checklist on the Leather label:
- The tag should be inside the bag.
- It will have a rectangular shape.
- The corners of the tag are slightly rounded.
Checklist on the Heat Stamp:
- You will find the heat stamp inside your Dior handbag.
- It will have the Dior logo and below you will find the date code.
- The heat stamp will have “Made in Italy” or “Made in Spain”.
- They will always be in capital letters.
- The heat stamp should be right in the middle of the leather tag.
- The color of the stamp should be in color gold or silver.
2. Handles and Charm
Check if your Dior bag’s charms move around a little but not shake too much while you carry your bag.
Checklist on Handles and Charm:
- The leather handles themselves should not bend.
- The handles should be resistant and sturdy.
- The Dior charms can move a little.
- The charms consist of four letters creating the name of the brand.
- The charms are not too shiny.
3. Exterior Leather Tag
Inspect the leather tag affixed to the “O” charm. Check to see if there is Christian Dior printed on the back and nothing else. Some counterfeit bags will overdo it by putting too much text on the charm.
Dior is known for its Cannage quilting. A Cannage is made up of small and even stitches in a thin thread. It is pretty intricate and beautiful —and equally challenging to replicate. Crooked and irregular stitches are telltale signs of a counterfeit.
Checklist on Stitching:
- The stitching will always match the leather.
- They have a regular pattern and even.
- It will have ten or more stitches on each side of the square or diamond.
5. Authenticity cards
Dior handbags come with a grey authenticity card. A counterfeit authenticity card has two large rectangular slots. This is where the details of the purchase should be.
Checklist on Authentication Cards:
- The card has a grey color.
- It will come in an envelope.
- It will come with a care booklet (especially in the new bags), if it does not come with the booklet on pre-loved bags, don’t worry.
- The booklet will come in 3 languages (English, French, and Chinese).
- On the front of the card, it will mention Christian Dior.
- The card will have 3 rectangular boxes: For store stamp, for the date, and for reference.
How do you read a Dior bag serial number?
In the date code, the last 4 digits indicate the month and the year when the bag was made. The first and third number indicates the month of manufacturing. On the other hand, the second and fourth number indicates the year.
Shop today at Poshbag Boutique, we have the best selection of Dior authentic bags.